|»Back to Peugeot Index
PEUGEOT 406 PLIP - Remote Key Programming
The 406 deadlocking remote control has specific button controls, and if the vehicle has two controls, one is set as primary and the other as secondary.
When replacing the Plip, a Primary or Secondary Plip are different part numbers and must be ordered as required. The white label inside the Plip is labelled PRIM or SEC.
1. Turn the Ignition switch ON.
2. Press the large Plip key button (Primary Plip)
3. Within 10 seconds press the large Plip key button (Secondary Plip)
4. If there is one remote, press the Primary plip button twice.
5. Turn ignition OFF.
6. Test Plip’s for correct operation.
NOTE : On some 406 models, Plips cannot be re-synchronised unless the battery has been disconnected for 1 minute.